MHC I Monomers and Tetramers
(Major Histocompatibility Complex Class I)
Broad Portfolio of MHC I Alleles and MHC/Peptide Complexes
Immunitrack has a broad portfolio of MHC alleles, including: 65 Human MHC I alleles (subtypes HLA-A, HLA-B, HLA-C), 5 Murine MHC I alleles (MLA) and 1 canine MHC I allele (DLA).
We currently have monomers and tetramers (i.e. complexed with streptavidin) available for online ordering for the following alleles: A0101, A0201, and A2401.
We can produce and deliver custom complexes based on the MHC alleles we have in our repository or based on other alleles that you wish to request. MHC/peptide binding assays will initially be performed to test whether or not we can produce the desired complexes since prediction tools are not always reliable.
MHC I monomers are biotinylated and can be complexed with the labelled streptavidin of your choice. MHC I tetramers are labelled with phycoerythrin (PE) or allophycocyanin (APC), and are ready for use in flow cytometry.
- Tetramer staining. MHC-peptide tetramers are used to detect antigen-specifc T cells in T cell mixtures using flow cytometry.
- T cell stimulation. MHC I molecules in complex with peptide epitopes can be used to stimulate CD8 T cells for flow cytometry experiments.
- Generation of T cell receptor-like antibodies. Peptide/MHC (pMHC) complexes can be used with phage display technology to generate libraries of specific T cell receptor-like antibodies for use in research, diagnosis, and immunotherapy.
- Isolating T cells for T cell receptor-based therapy including CAR-T. Peptide/MHC (pMHC) complexes can be used to isolate and sequence T cell receptors for use in research, diagnosis, and immunotherapy.
- Storage Buffer: PBS, 50% glycerol.
- Concentration: 0.5 mg/mL. Determined by absorbance at 280 nm and Coomassie staining.
- Sizes Available – webshop orders: 50, 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400 and 450 μg supplied as individual vials containing 100 μL product.
- Sizes Available – custom orders: We can accommodate most requests concerning product size. For A0201, we may produce up to mg quantities.
- Stabilisers: 1 % BSA.
- Storage: Store vial at -20° C prior to opening. Dilute only prior to immediate use.
- Expiration: 6 months from date of opening.
All products are shipped preservative-free in liquid form at 0 °C.
For products in stock: 1-2 days to US and Europe, 3-4 days for Japan.
For customised products: We aim to ship 4-6 weeks from ordering.
In this application note tetramers for Flu, CMV and Mart1 are tested by flow cytometry on PBMC from blood donors. Download ▸
Protocol for tetramer staining using our tetramers. Download ▸
Supporting Data for MHC Class I Monomers and Tetramers
Our biotinylated MHC I complexes have been used as tetramer reagents as well as for the stimulation of CD8 T cells in several publications. In the example shown below, two tetramers B*0801-IE188-96 and B*0801-IE199-207 were used in flow cytometry experiments to validate CD8 T cell responses against human cytomegalovirus (HCMV) protein IE1.
Source: Adapted from: PlosOne April 2014, Volume 9,Issue 4,e94892 Identification and HLA-Tetramer-Validation of Human CD4+ and CD8+ T Cell Responses against HCMV Proteins IE1 and IE2.